Recent News / Latest Items
For this Leisure Construction Design Focus we are highlighting a leisure construction project brief which required a stylish update to the exiting facilities: Our brief:
Twitter / Latest Tweets
Testimonials / What Our Clients Say
- "This project was completed in a live environment - Aside from the area under refurbishment no losses of facilities were report during the construction period. The over finish of the project and the time taken to deliver it were well above expectations." Abbey Pool Complex, Cambridge
- Createability proved to be a very reliable and flexible contractor and assisted us in making minor changes and other maintenance issues that developed whilst completing the project with very little fuss. We were very pleased with the overall finish achieved and would not hesitate to use them again.
- "This was a well finished project delivered on time despite us adding a large amount of extras in the last month of the contract. The whole team were helpful and approachable, including the workmen on site which was hugely important to us as a school."
- “Middleton Pool was built back in 1957 as an open air lido, but a roof was put on in 1989 to ensure the pool was viable 12 months a year. However, people now demand a wider choice for their exercise options and so adding a fitness suite to the offering was a natural progression. Createability’s plans look amazing and we are all really excited to see the finished result.”
- Createability provided a thoroughly professional and efficient service which was a key factor in the project being completed on time and our client being very complimentary of the work completed. We would certainly work with Createability again and recommend them as an excellent project partner.
- The result is something that we should all be proud of, it looks superb. We have successfully provided activities in a modern, stylish environment that fulfil our objective of attracting people of all ages and abilities - in particular the family market for which there was little provision locally.
- "This was a reasonably complex refurbishment on an existing facility within a new contract and so it was important that the project went well without any unnecessary delays or problems. The contractor delivered the project to the required time frames and standards in what was almost a turnkey operation" Parkside Swimming Pool, Cambridge
- Createability provided an innovative solution which met our business needs and have proven to be both flexible and supportive to changes throughout the scheme. The project was delivered on time and on budget in a positive spirit of partnership.
- The redevelopment has worked on a number of levels; income generation, staff morale and customer perception. At some stage in the future the Centre may be rebuilt but this sends a clear message to our customers that the Council is prepared to reinvest in its leisure provision and at a standard that equates to that of local private sector operators. The reception area has been reinvigorated and the team have renewed levels of enthusiasm. I’ve worked with a number of building contractors and wouldn’t use all of them again – but I would use Createability. Their standard of workmanship was of a high quality and the interaction we had with the on-site team was good, which is particularly helpful during what can be a disruptive period.
- "Works included the fitting of a building - including changing room provision for wet and dry changing rooms, premium gym, dance studio, reception area and Cafe. All works were completed within budget, time scales and to a high quality - overall we were more than satisfied with the final finish." Charlton Lido, London
- Throughout the project there was effective communication with the Createability team. Any concerns from either party were dealt with swiftly in a professional manner. I consider the standard of workmanship to have been good with all snagging issues being dealt with efficiently.
- Createability’s attention to detail on the development has provided a product that is a cut above the usual expectation of budget clubs. Our theory and differentiation from other budget brands lies in the sum of many small things, and over delivering on people’s expectations. We see all this as part of a retention strategy, as we lack the obvious magnets of swimming pools and saunas. For example we’ve made the showers spectacularly good. The idea is to focus on the detail that most people notice. We’re really pleased with how well the opening has gone and have had lots of great feedback. Getting the site open on time and within budget was all about Createability’s experience in this field. A very professional, very capable bunch who we’d unhesitatingly use again.
- Overall the work was well organised, thorough and proved a good experience throughout, something you can rarely say about the construction phase of a project. We are very pleased with the result, Createability delivered just what we wanted and the Centre is achieving the business objectives we forecast. Our location is fairly isolated and with a relatively small captive audience we need high market penetration. Local goodwill and word of mouth are critical to the success of this facility. Our decision to focus on quality was absolutely right. The first impression the new reception area creates cannot be underestimated and activities are proving popular. The development has been great for staff morale too. Thumbs up all round.
- We will certainly be in contact with Createability regarding future projects. I would whole-heartedly recommend their services to other leisure operators; Createability listens to the needs of their customers, offers carefully considered solutions and responds to any challenges in a swift and professional manner.
- Createability worked with us to explore the possibilities this extra space could include. Getting advice from a practical building and cost perspective was extremely useful and the visuals provided helped us to see how the options would look. Now the work is finished it has become obvious just how accurate these were.
- The feedback we have had has been wonderful. Our new customers love the facilities, and our retained customers really like that we have moved from old fashioned to modern without having to raise our membership prices whatsoever. We have a very high client retention, which is a testament to the great work Createability and our staff have done; I would certainly recommend them to other leisure centres looking to undertake a similar project.
- The project was delivered in a professional and positive manner throughout, to budget and on time. The quality of information provided throughout the project was excellent and aided critical decision making on both options and costs.
- This was a major project and the logistics of moving activities around so the centre could remain open was a concern in terms of site security…..Createability’s on site communication was particularly good and as a result no real problems arose. The refurbishment has made a huge difference, resulting in an exceptional improvement in the fabric of the building, which has created a totally different and very positive ambiance. To date, we have met income and participation targets.
- Createability has done a great job, what was a derelict building now looks stylish but is also very functional. The circuit format is good for both the school and community users, it reduces demands on curriculum and personal time as more people can be accommodated in less time.
- I have already recommended Createability’s services to other leisure operators. The team was very easy to get along with and incredibly efficient. Createability’s managing director Ian Cotgrave delivers what he says he will – what’s on the tin is what you get! We’ve actually already asked them to quote for some more work we have in the pipeline.