Recent News / Latest Items
For this Leisure Construction Design Focus we are highlighting a leisure construction project brief which required a stylish update to the exiting facilities: Our brief:
Twitter / Latest Tweets
Testimonials / What Our Clients Say
- "This was a reasonably complex refurbishment on an existing facility within a new contract and so it was important that the project went well without any unnecessary delays or problems. The contractor delivered the project to the required time frames and standards in what was almost a turnkey operation" Parkside Swimming Pool, Cambridge
- Overall the work was well organised, thorough and proved a good experience throughout, something you can rarely say about the construction phase of a project. We are very pleased with the result, Createability delivered just what we wanted and the Centre is achieving the business objectives we forecast. Our location is fairly isolated and with a relatively small captive audience we need high market penetration. Local goodwill and word of mouth are critical to the success of this facility. Our decision to focus on quality was absolutely right. The first impression the new reception area creates cannot be underestimated and activities are proving popular. The development has been great for staff morale too. Thumbs up all round.
- There were inherent issues of keeping the Centre open whilst work took place but Createability managed the project expertly and public disruption was minimised…Public response has been excellent and the centre is well ahead of target financial projections. We remain in healthy contact with Createability and would not hesitate to use them if a similar project arose.
- "This was a well finished project delivered on time despite us adding a large amount of extras in the last month of the contract. The whole team were helpful and approachable, including the workmen on site which was hugely important to us as a school."
- The result is something that we should all be proud of, it looks superb. We have successfully provided activities in a modern, stylish environment that fulfil our objective of attracting people of all ages and abilities - in particular the family market for which there was little provision locally.
- "This project was completed in a live environment - Aside from the area under refurbishment no losses of facilities were report during the construction period. The over finish of the project and the time taken to deliver it were well above expectations." Abbey Pool Complex, Cambridge
- The feedback we have had has been wonderful. Our new customers love the facilities, and our retained customers really like that we have moved from old fashioned to modern without having to raise our membership prices whatsoever. We have a very high client retention, which is a testament to the great work Createability and our staff have done; I would certainly recommend them to other leisure centres looking to undertake a similar project.
- Createability’s attention to detail on the development has provided a product that is a cut above the usual expectation of budget clubs. Our theory and differentiation from other budget brands lies in the sum of many small things, and over delivering on people’s expectations. We see all this as part of a retention strategy, as we lack the obvious magnets of swimming pools and saunas. For example we’ve made the showers spectacularly good. The idea is to focus on the detail that most people notice. We’re really pleased with how well the opening has gone and have had lots of great feedback. Getting the site open on time and within budget was all about Createability’s experience in this field. A very professional, very capable bunch who we’d unhesitatingly use again.
- Createability has done a great job, what was a derelict building now looks stylish but is also very functional. The circuit format is good for both the school and community users, it reduces demands on curriculum and personal time as more people can be accommodated in less time.
- The new facilities have been exceedingly well received and the development has brought a fresh outlook to the Centre with increased participation over all areas. Our customers have commented on the standard of the finish and the overall look of the building, which has been transformed by Createability. People are quite amazed at what has been achieved in such a short period of time.
- Createability provided a thoroughly professional and efficient service which was a key factor in the project being completed on time and our client being very complimentary of the work completed. We would certainly work with Createability again and recommend them as an excellent project partner.
- We will certainly be in contact with Createability regarding future projects. I would whole-heartedly recommend their services to other leisure operators; Createability listens to the needs of their customers, offers carefully considered solutions and responds to any challenges in a swift and professional manner.
- "Works included the fitting of a building - including changing room provision for wet and dry changing rooms, premium gym, dance studio, reception area and Cafe. All works were completed within budget, time scales and to a high quality - overall we were more than satisfied with the final finish." Charlton Lido, London
- The project was delivered in a professional and positive manner throughout, to budget and on time. The quality of information provided throughout the project was excellent and aided critical decision making on both options and costs.
- I would recommend Createability to other schools. They are a straight-talking, honest organisation and were great to work with. There were a few special requirements towards the end, in particular with the new roof, but Createability were so accommodating. I am incredibly proud of what has been achieved.
- I have already recommended Createability’s services to other leisure operators. The team was very easy to get along with and incredibly efficient. Createability’s managing director Ian Cotgrave delivers what he says he will – what’s on the tin is what you get! We’ve actually already asked them to quote for some more work we have in the pipeline.
- Createability provided an innovative solution which met our business needs and have proven to be both flexible and supportive to changes throughout the scheme. The project was delivered on time and on budget in a positive spirit of partnership.
- The site has been transformed and the new development provides the area with a family destination to be proud of. The Council had been providing a support grant of £882,000 annually but we are on track to reduce this over the next two years so the facility becomes self-funded. This is the third time I’ve worked with Createability and I was confident they would deliver a quality job within the agreed timescales and budget. As with most projects, there are inevitably ‘on the hoof’ revisions to the original design, but Createability managed to accommodate the changes we wanted within the agreed budget.
- The redevelopment has worked on a number of levels; income generation, staff morale and customer perception. At some stage in the future the Centre may be rebuilt but this sends a clear message to our customers that the Council is prepared to reinvest in its leisure provision and at a standard that equates to that of local private sector operators. The reception area has been reinvigorated and the team have renewed levels of enthusiasm. I’ve worked with a number of building contractors and wouldn’t use all of them again – but I would use Createability. Their standard of workmanship was of a high quality and the interaction we had with the on-site team was good, which is particularly helpful during what can be a disruptive period.
- Createability worked with us to explore the possibilities this extra space could include. Getting advice from a practical building and cost perspective was extremely useful and the visuals provided helped us to see how the options would look. Now the work is finished it has become obvious just how accurate these were.