Recent News / Latest Items
For this Leisure Construction Design Focus we are highlighting a leisure construction project brief which required a stylish update to the exiting facilities: Our brief:
Twitter / Latest Tweets
Testimonials / What Our Clients Say
- Createability has done a great job, what was a derelict building now looks stylish but is also very functional. The circuit format is good for both the school and community users, it reduces demands on curriculum and personal time as more people can be accommodated in less time.
- The Council is now looking at enlarging an existing fitness facility at its largest dual use facility in Lydney. Membership has outgrown it massively and as the town is earmarked for substantial growth over the next five years…We’ve got three schemes that we’re working on at the moment and are just at the feasibility stages with Createability. Deciding to work with them again was a no-brainer for us; we know they will do a fantastic job of the new site so watch this space!
- I would recommend Createability to other schools. They are a straight-talking, honest organisation and were great to work with. There were a few special requirements towards the end, in particular with the new roof, but Createability were so accommodating. I am incredibly proud of what has been achieved.
- The site has been transformed and the new development provides the area with a family destination to be proud of. The Council had been providing a support grant of £882,000 annually but we are on track to reduce this over the next two years so the facility becomes self-funded. This is the third time I’ve worked with Createability and I was confident they would deliver a quality job within the agreed timescales and budget. As with most projects, there are inevitably ‘on the hoof’ revisions to the original design, but Createability managed to accommodate the changes we wanted within the agreed budget.
- Createability provided a thoroughly professional and efficient service which was a key factor in the project being completed on time and our client being very complimentary of the work completed. We would certainly work with Createability again and recommend them as an excellent project partner.
- I leave on Friday (6th) 2014 and am taking this opportunity to thank those that have been most important in getting One Leisure to where it is now. We’ve had an excellent relationship with Createability since day one when we set off on the squash conversion project at St Ives, right through to the redevelopment of Huntingdon and the Spa facility. On many occasions between I’ve had contact for a variety of reasons and never once felt short-changed in the speed of response, courtesy and professionalism offered. It was always greatly appreciated. May I wish you and your team every success in the years to come. I can’t tell you my successor (I don’t know) nor can I tell you where I’m off though I have one live application that is of great interest
- "This was a reasonably complex refurbishment on an existing facility within a new contract and so it was important that the project went well without any unnecessary delays or problems. The contractor delivered the project to the required time frames and standards in what was almost a turnkey operation" Parkside Swimming Pool, Cambridge
- Createability proved to be a very reliable and flexible contractor and assisted us in making minor changes and other maintenance issues that developed whilst completing the project with very little fuss. We were very pleased with the overall finish achieved and would not hesitate to use them again.
- "This was an excellent project, delivered in a “live” environment, with a great quality products and very happy client."
- Throughout the project there was effective communication with the Createability team. Any concerns from either party were dealt with swiftly in a professional manner. I consider the standard of workmanship to have been good with all snagging issues being dealt with efficiently.
- The redevelopment has worked on a number of levels; income generation, staff morale and customer perception. At some stage in the future the Centre may be rebuilt but this sends a clear message to our customers that the Council is prepared to reinvest in its leisure provision and at a standard that equates to that of local private sector operators. The reception area has been reinvigorated and the team have renewed levels of enthusiasm. I’ve worked with a number of building contractors and wouldn’t use all of them again – but I would use Createability. Their standard of workmanship was of a high quality and the interaction we had with the on-site team was good, which is particularly helpful during what can be a disruptive period.
- The project was delivered in a professional and positive manner throughout, to budget and on time. The quality of information provided throughout the project was excellent and aided critical decision making on both options and costs.
- There were inherent issues of keeping the Centre open whilst work took place but Createability managed the project expertly and public disruption was minimised…Public response has been excellent and the centre is well ahead of target financial projections. We remain in healthy contact with Createability and would not hesitate to use them if a similar project arose.
- I have already recommended Createability’s services to other leisure operators. The team was very easy to get along with and incredibly efficient. Createability’s managing director Ian Cotgrave delivers what he says he will – what’s on the tin is what you get! We’ve actually already asked them to quote for some more work we have in the pipeline.
- "Here's an enormous thank you for your company's enormous effort, precision and professionalism throughout the fit out of our new club. You've delivered a product that sits superbly well in the fitness industry, and I'm a very happy man. It's very rare to find a company that is willing to go beyond what's required, and deliver brilliantly. I will without question only use Createability for all my future gyms to come."
- "This project was completed in a live environment - Aside from the area under refurbishment no losses of facilities were report during the construction period. The over finish of the project and the time taken to deliver it were well above expectations." Abbey Pool Complex, Cambridge
- Createability’s attention to detail on the development has provided a product that is a cut above the usual expectation of budget clubs. Our theory and differentiation from other budget brands lies in the sum of many small things, and over delivering on people’s expectations. We see all this as part of a retention strategy, as we lack the obvious magnets of swimming pools and saunas. For example we’ve made the showers spectacularly good. The idea is to focus on the detail that most people notice. We’re really pleased with how well the opening has gone and have had lots of great feedback. Getting the site open on time and within budget was all about Createability’s experience in this field. A very professional, very capable bunch who we’d unhesitatingly use again.
- "Works included the fitting of a building - including changing room provision for wet and dry changing rooms, premium gym, dance studio, reception area and Cafe. All works were completed within budget, time scales and to a high quality - overall we were more than satisfied with the final finish." Charlton Lido, London
- The result is something that we should all be proud of, it looks superb. We have successfully provided activities in a modern, stylish environment that fulfil our objective of attracting people of all ages and abilities - in particular the family market for which there was little provision locally.
- “Middleton Pool was built back in 1957 as an open air lido, but a roof was put on in 1989 to ensure the pool was viable 12 months a year. However, people now demand a wider choice for their exercise options and so adding a fitness suite to the offering was a natural progression. Createability’s plans look amazing and we are all really excited to see the finished result.”